Time to start using this blog for what it's made for!
I've been continuing to keep a text file with my favorite scripts, regexes, commandlines, utilities, etc., but have totally slacked as far as posting that stuff in this blog. I had a feeling that would happen, which I said in the intial blog description post, but I want to go ahead and start putting some of that info in here now.
I was just going to post that entire text file, but I realized I need to sanitize it a bit to remove proprietary information. Plus, the file is pretty bare, and could really use at least a LITTLE documentation, particularly because some of the regular expressions are hard to follow without some idea of their purpose.
So, I will start posting bits and pieces from that file, with some description, hopefully on a regular basis. You can expect the first post later tonight or tomorrow morning. Again, these are little things that were useful to me in some way, which I wanted to save for future reference. I hope some of it can be of use to other people.
Also, if anyone knows other blogs with similar purposes (utils, scripts, code snippets, useful commands/combinations of commands, etc.), please share the URL in a comment in this blog.
-dave (spugbrap)

0 comments:
Post a Comment