Friday, July 15, 2005

switching between tabs (worksheets) in Microsoft Excel

It's been annoying me for a long time that Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab don't switch between worksheets in the currently open workbook in Excel.  I haven't dealt with changing it yet, but at least found what the existing keyboard shortcuts are.
 
Found this in:
Help | Microsoft Excel Help
 
then:
Contents | Accessibility in Excel | Keyboard shortcuts
 
under section: Keys for workbooks and worksheets
 
expand: Work with worksheets
 
CTRL+PAGE DOWN
Move to the next sheet in the workbook.
CTRL+PAGE UP
Move to the previous sheet in the workbook.
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks

luv my coughee said...

Thank you - it was my biggest pet peave!

Anonymous said...

Phew, thanks for this - it was driving me crazy! I am now in a zen-like state, flicking between worksheets...

YankDownUnder said...

WooHoo!!!

Thanks for that! I dug through five pages of Help File Keyboard Shortcuts and STILL managed to miss it.

Anonymous said...

Cheers Dave! It was just like you wrote above: googling for an obscure solution...

This had been annoying me since I don't know when... What bliss

Seth C. Holler said...

thanks a bunch. you were my first google hit when I searched for "MS Excel keyboard shortcut switch between sheets".

Anonymous said...

It has been bugging me since I started using Firefox. Why can't Excel perform CTRL+TAB functionality. Thanks a lot.
Naveed

Anonymous said...

My god this is helpful, should have googled for this before I wasted time on MS online. Thanks a million!